Production Assistant/Cosmetic Formulator
Production Assistant/Cosmetic Formulator
We are looking for one talented individual to assist in preparing, filling, labelling, packing and shipping our high-performance skincare, made in Vancouver. This job requires fast paced, efficient work.
Required start date: Mid-October
Location: Vancouver, BC
Availability: 3-months Contract to start with an opportunity to be extended
Shifts are generally: Monday-Friday
- High speed at completing manual tasks
- Good physical health, ability to lift ingredients (up to 20kg)
- Previous cosmetic manufacturing experience will be highly considered/preferred
- Lab technician welcome
- We also look for energetic and positive people, with a can-do attitude
About Okoko Cosmétiques: Based in Vancouver, Canada, Okoko Cosmetiques Inc offers artisanal, high-quality skincare products made using 100% natural ingredients that tackle frustrating skin problems and visibly improve the skin’s appearance. We take pride in our artistry, innovation, savoir-faire and company culture.
As a Production Assistant & Cosmetic Formulator…
You will be preparing, blending, pouring, packing, labelling and hand making our products. You will be working as part of a team and be on your feet and moving all day – be prepare to multi-task, be busy and have fun! Prior experience in manufacturing, cosmetics & kitchen experience is preferred. Ideal candidate will receive complimentary training with our experienced staff and learn about what makes OKOKO skincare innovative and high-performance in the industry.
We are a busy and growing company so we are looking for someone who can work well under pressure and who understand the importance of teamwork and can help where required.
Skills required and tasks include:
- Manufacturing Okoko Cosmétiques products
- Efficient product line preparation
- Organizing ingredients and checking inventory
- Overseeing incoming new deliveries, reviewing the packing list of the deliveries, updating inventories with the new shipments
- Contributing to ongoing production efficiency and quality improvement initiatives
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment and facilities
- Following QA/QC for every batch
- Adhere to the company Mission, Vision & Values
- Handle incoming shipments, including unpacking and routing internally, and basic inspections
- Store and organize packages until delivered or picked up
- A fun and welcoming atmosphere where teamwork and entrepreneurial mindset are encouraged
- Shifts: 9 am- 6pm
- Diverse workforce where we encourage diversity and inclusion
- Training and ongoing feedback to support your development
- Amazing employee benefits
- An education in natural ingredients, ethical sourcing, green initiatives
- A dynamic, fast paced, growing business where personal development is encouraged
- Potential opportunities for extended contracts based on the business needs and your performance
- Dental care
- Extended health care (medical, naturopathy, massage, chiro, etc.)
- Store discount
Required start date: October 2
- 7-8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekends (to be discussed)
- cosmetics/lab/artisanal production/warehouse/manufacturing/kitchen experience 6 months - 1 years (Preferred)
How to Apply:
Email us an intro letter + your cv at firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com . We appreciate that you take the time to answer the following questions…
1- Why are you excited to join the Okoko Cosmétiques family?
2- Do you have any cosmetics/manufacturing/kitchen experience? If yes, when and where?
3- Are you eligible to work in Canada? (please explain your current Canadian status)
Why OKOKO? We are a growing start-up in our 4th year in business with opportunity for growth within the company. Opportunities for growth are dependent upon the interests of the candidate and needs of the business but may range from product formulation, marketing, sales developing and launching products. Our staff enjoy flexible hours, ongoing training, networking opportunities and mentorship from the CEO. With Okoko, you get to develop new skills, make effective products using some of the finest natural ingredients, delve into the world of formulation and grow with a high-end green beauty luxury skincare brand. This is not an opportunity to miss!