The Benefits Of Niacinamide For Your Skin
Niacinamide is a popular ingredients in skincare with various skin benefits. One of the main reasons why Niacinamide is highly recommended is because it has multiple benefits for various skin types and conditions without any harsh side effects. It is well tolerated and provides rapid results, which people always love!
So what is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is essentially Niacin, a form of Vitamin B3 and is a water-soluble vitamin that is one of the essential vitamin B’s needed for overall health.
What are the known benefits of Niacinamide?
- It prevents UV damage and inflammation as an antioxidant
- It helps support healthy skin barrier function
- It helps to prevent the visible signs of skin aging
- Brightens and smooths skin
- Calms inflammation and the look of redness
- It helps regulate sebum production
- It helps decrease the appearance of enlarged pores
- Reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation
- Promotes the production of ceramides and elastin
- It has potent free-radical fighting antioxidants
As you can see, this ingredient has so many different benefits when used in topical skincare. Okoko Cosmetiques has incorporated this multifunctional ingredient into our products because we know it works so well for various skin concerns and also pairs beautifully with certain ingredients in high-performance products.
There are some essential tips to follow to ensure that you are obtaining the best results without any contraindications with other actives commonly found in potent skincare products.
- Do not use niacinamide at the same time or mix with AHA’s to prevent contraindication. Use at different times during the day or on alternating days.
- Use Niacinamide if you have oily/congested skin and with any problem skincare routine.
- Look for formulations containing Niacinamide with other radiance-enhacing ingredients to increase the efficacy of brightening the skin.
- Use Niacinamide in combination with retinol as it works well together.
You can find Niacinamide in the following Okoko products:
- L'Élixir de Pureté - Niacinamide serum for problem skin/acne-prone skin/ dark spots
- L'Élixir de Pureté - Advanced formula for mature skin/age-defying
- Délice Overnight Mask - For mature skin/age defying
- Diamant Bleu White Label - For Problem /Blemish Prone Skin/Dark Spots
- Diamant Bleu Prestige Edition - For mature skin/fine lines/wrinkles
- La D’Tox Noire - Purifying Charcoal Clay Mask
Shop Okoko products with niacinamide here.
Wondering where to start? Take our skin quiz to find the skincare routine for your skin.