How to know your skin type?
How to know your skin type
Do you know what's your skin type? This is a common question that people have. In this article, I will share details about each skin type and explain how to find your skin type in 2 easy steps. Knowing your skin type is absolutely necessary to make the right decision on a proper skin care or treatment suitable for your particular skin type and needs.
The Main Skin types
#1 Normal Skin Type
- Skin is comfortable and hydrated
- Does not shine
- Does not feel tight
- Skin's texture is fine, soft & smooth
#2 Oily Skin Type
- You may have dull or shiny, thick complexion
- Skin's texture may appear irregular
- Enlarged pores
- Blackheads, pimples or blemishes
#3 Dry Skin Type
- Skin feels tight, delicate, dull and rough to the touch
- Skin may be peeling off
- More visible lines
- Skin may be more sensitive to temperature change
- Almost invisible pores
#4 Combination Skin Type
- Skin can be dry or normal in some areas and oily in others, such as T-zone (nose, forehead, and chin)
- Skin can be oily, with large pores and blackheads
#5 Sensitive Skin Type
- Skin can easily become prone to redness, dryness, itching or burning
#1 EASY TIP TO FIND YOUR SKIN TYPE
- Is your skin shiny?
YES OR NO
- Is your skin tight?
YES OR NO
If you answered...
- NO to question 1 and 2 then you have NORMAL SKIN
- YES to question 1 and NO to question 2 then you have OILY SKIN
- NO to question 1 and YES to question 2 DRY SKIN
- YES to question 1 and 2 then you have COMBINATION SKIN
REACTIVE: Skin is delicate and usually reacts excessively to external aggressions such as
wind, cold, heat, sun, pollution, stress, cosmetics, ...
- MATURE: Skin is losing its suppleness and firmness. Fine lines and wrinkles start to appear
- DEHYDRATED: Skin lacks water
Common skin concerns
- Seborrheic keratosis
- Dark spots/hyperpigementation
- White spots