At OKOKO Cosmétiques
Hiring Assistant Production/Maker (Artisan 1)
Calling all aspiring makers and artisans looking to start a fabulous career in
the skincare industry! Okoko Cosmétiques is now hiring a new artisan/assistant production to join our dynamic team and grow with us! This position is for a potential long-term team member (and not an intern position). You have a warm and fun personality with great interpersonal and people skills. You maintain a professional appearance, are punctual and organized. You must be a good listener and patient, as Okoko focuses on developing strong, personal relationships
with our business partners (including our suppliers, subcontractors,
employees, stockists and distributors).
About Okoko Cosmétiques: Based in Vancouver, Canada, the brand offers artisanal, high-quality skincare products made using 100% natural ingredients that
tackle frustrating skin problems and visibly improve the skin’s appearance. We take pride in our artistry, innovation, savoir-faire and company culture.
Working hours will generally be from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
A part-time 3-month contract, with days and hours of work to be determined with the successful candidate, is envisioned to start. Extension of the contract to full time employment will be considered at the end of the initial contract. Compensation will depend upon experience with opportunities for growth.
Business Industry: Luxury Cosmetics/Green Beauty/Natural Skincare
Job Title: Assistant production (Artisan 1)
Job Function: Manufacturing, production, inventory and research
Experience: Prior experience in a kitchen, coffee shop, bakery or culinary department is appreciated but not mandatory. Prior experience in esthetics or spa is appreciated but not mandatory. Prior experience in cosmetic formulation is appreciated but not mandatory.
Skills required and tasks include:
• Manufacturing Okoko Cosmétiques products
• Labeling, applying batch codes and packaging products
• Efficient product line preparation
• Organizing ingredients and checking inventory
• Overseeing incoming new deliveries, reviewing the packing list of the deliveries, updating inventories with the new shipments
• Contributing to ongoing production efficiency and quality improvement initiatives
• Cleaning and maintaining equipment and facilities
• Participating in regular inventory checks
• Collecting regular stock counts
• Following up on stock counts
• Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
• Dropping garbage and recyclables material downstairs at the end of the day
• Fulfilling and packing retail and wholesale orders
• Following QA/QC for every batch
• Other Tasks as may be needed in the day-to-day operation of a skin care business
Given that the company is consistently launching new products, the ideal
candidate must be able to independently initiate and complete projects
under supervision. If you are looking to gain experience in the cosmetic
industry, learn new skills, become a maker and/or a formulator and grow
with an amazing luxury natural skincare brand, this is an exciting
opportunity not to miss.
You will be required to:
· Utilize company policies to successfully uphold quality and consistency in all menu items prepared and served.
· Effectively demonstrate and communicate the quality mission of the company to all company associates.
· Communicate work-related information to team members and supervisors.
· Stand for extended periods of time with limited breaks.
· Push, pull, lift or carry up to 40 lbs with the aid of a rolling cart made available by the company.
· Effectively deal with internal and external customers, some who may require extreme levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger and resolve
problems quickly and efficiently.
· Visually inspect, taste and smell product to ensure freshness and quality.
· Communicate effectively with team members, management, clients and vendors if necessary.
· Work flexible schedule in order to accommodate varying product demand levels.
We are a growing start-up in our 4th year in business with opportunity for growth within the company. Okoko is a fun and dynamic environment. Opportunities for
growth are dependent upon the interests of the candidate and needs of the business but may range from business administration and client account management to developing and launching products. Our staff enjoy flexible hours, ongoing training, networking opportunities and mentorship from the CEO. With Okoko, you get to develop new skills, delve into the world of formulation and grow with a high-end green beauty luxury skincare brand.
This is not an opportunity to miss!
HOW TO APPLY: Send us your CV and an introduction letter telling us why you want to join the OKOKO team to: info@okokocosmetiques. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview week of August 12, 2019.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
How our Free Trial Works!
It’s actually a no commitment free trial!
But here is how it works just in case: