Full report on a gentler cleansing option: How to use Beauté Majestique
Discover How to use our award-winning Beauté Majestique and the inspiration behind this product by Chief Formulator Oyéta Kokoroko.
Our new elevated formula was launched to provide a solution for people looking for a gentle, non-irritating cleanser that is also multi-purpose.
The problem with many cleansers
- A lot of cleansing oils/balms leave an oily feeling on the skin after washing
- Many cleansers are packed with drying ingredients like salicylic acid, SLS and harsh surfactants which disrupts the skin pH
- Using drying cleansers can trigger the sebaceous glands to go into overdrive and produce more oil than is necessary
- Even a bar of soap can upset the natural pH balance of the skin
Milky Cleansers: Why They’re Perfect for Your Skin
- Milk cleansers aren’t harsh and easily take off makeup, leaving skin comfortable and clean
- They typically prevent stripping the skin of vital moisture, reduce inflammation and improve skin's barrier function over time
- Because they lock in moisture, dry and mature skin benefit from milky cleansers
- They respect your skin by keeping it calm and balanced with ingredients it recognizes, not irritating it with harsh foaming agents
Discover Beauté Majestique: A unique, expertly formulated milky cleanser made with the finest ingredients for your precious skin
What's special? It transforms into milk upon contact with water to cleanse without stripping skin. Made with a 100% organic emulsifier and oil thickener based on sugar esters. Suitable for all skin types.
The results and benefits?
This multi-purpose gel emulsifies perfectly and is highly effective at cleansing without leaving an oily-residue. You will love how the skin feels ultra-smooth, balanced, glowing and hydrated.
The key ingredients:
- Pumpkin powder: is a rich source of gently exfoliating enzymes, antioxidants, and beta-carotene. It helps to remove dead skin cells and leaves the skin looking soft and smooth.
- Bamboo powder: Allows for a gentle manual exfoliation that gently scrubs dead skin cells on the surface of the skin without being overly abrasive.
- Kaolin clay: is rich in silica and is gentle enough to use on all skin types as a cleanser, it also exfoliates and absorbs excess dirt and oil leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Moringa oil: Is a powerful antioxidant. It helps to protect skin against the abuse of the elements and protects against premature aging.
- Organic willow bark extract: Our willow bark extract has a mild concentration of salicylic acid (naturally present in the plant), which is known for its anti-microbial properties.
- Kombo Butter: Our luscious, wildcrafted Kombo butter comes from the seeds of the tropical (pycnanthus angolensis). The rich, unrefined butter has a unique, dark, chocolate-brown color with hues of deep burgundy and dark blue. Kombo butter protects skin against the abuse of the elements.
- Squalane: An excellent moisturizer that replenishes skin lipids while softening and smoothing skin.
- Blue tansy: Blue tansy extract, is powered by azulene, a powerful anti-inflammatory, calming, and antibacterial agent.
- Papaya enzymes: Papain in papaya are attributed to soothing skin irritations and exfoliating dead skin cells. Papaya contains arginine, which is an amino acid that smooths skin. This oil-soluble enzyme may also be used for gentle exfoliation and even out skin tone. Papaya enzymes gently exfoliates the skin leaving it smooth, soft, clean, and luminous.
How to use Beauté Majestique:
Beauté Majestique is a multi-purpose product that you can use in
different ways such as cleanser, mask and gentle facial scrub.
#1 To cleanse: With dry palms, apply a small amount of product onto dry face and neck. Gently massage in an upward, circular motion. Slowly add warm water and continue massaging until oil transforms to a milk. Rinse with warm water. Follow with Okoko Cosmétiques L'Élixir de Pureté, Sang Du Dragon and the moisturizer of your choice.
IMPORTANT: Do not introduce water into the product. Use a bamboo spoon. Do not wet your hands prior to using.
#2 To mask: Activate a teaspoon of product by adding an equal amount of water. Apply gently to your skin with a brush avoiding contact with the eyes. Leave on for about 10-45 minutes. Then rinse with warm water. Follow with Okoko Cosmétiques L'Élixir de Pureté, Sang Du Dragon and the moisturizer of your choice.
Not designed for: Please note that this product is not designed to remove eye-makeup, we suggest to combine it with an eye-makeup remover of your choice.
Our gel-to-milk mask is a multi-purpose product that you can use in
different ways such as cleanser, mask and gentle facial scrub.
#1 As a makeup remover: Moist a cotton pad and then apply the cleanser straight on the cotton pad. Spread the product on the moist cotton pad (it will become milky), then start to swipe across your face. It gently removes makeup and impurities.
#2 To cleanse: With dry palms, apply a small amount of product onto dry face and neck. Gently massage in an upward, circular motion. Slowly add warm water and continue massaging until oil transforms to a milk. Rinse with warm water.
#3 To mask: Mix together a couple tea spoon of product with equal amount of water in a bowl. You get a "yogurt" like hydrating mask with a beautiful creamy texture. Apply on the skin using a brush and leave on for 15-45 mins.
#4 With a clay mask: Activate a teaspoon of product by adding an equal amount of water (to your clay mask). Apply gently to your skin with a brush avoiding contact with the eyes. Leave on for about 15-45 minutes.
Does it contain preservatives ? Our cleanser is preserved with elderberry extract (an oil-soluble natural preservative) which provides cosmetic and antimicrobial benefits. To ensure maximum freshness and efficacy, please avoid introducing water into the product which could create an environment for microbes and other microorganisms to grow.
What about stability? This product is stable. Please keep in a cool and dry place for maximum freshness and efficacy. Avoid leaving under high temperatures and humidity.
Our cleanser was recently awarded Best product by Vancouver Magazine.
Get your ebook here.
About the author
Oyéta Kokoroko is an experienced formulator, researcher. She designs advanced skincare ranging from results-oriented serums, creams, beauty balms, lotions and custom made products using high-quality luxury ingredients with proven benefits. Her area of expertise includes advanced natural skincare, R & D, botanical essences, sourcing, and natural preservatives.
Oyéta has been working with clients on an individual basis since 2016 and many of the products offered currently by OKOKO were derived from these interactions.
She believes in empowering her customers and peers to find solutions to their skin needs by using well-studied, effective and healthy ingredients that are sourced sustainably and ethically and that deliver real results.
She has also written an e-book called:
"How To Get Decode Your Cosmetics Labels"* where she taeaches:
- How to read ingredients list
- What are the main differences between green beauty products & mainstream
- How formulas are created
- Ingredients directory with their INCI
- Cosmetic ingredients to avoid and their alternatives
- How to "green/clean" your beauty routine
- How to maximize results with your skincare & find the best ingredients for your skin needs