How to know your skin type?
Do you know what's your skin type? This is a common question that people have. Below we provided details about each skin type and two easy questions to find out your skin type. Knowing your skin type is absolutely necessary to make the right decision on a proper skin care or treatment suitable for your particular skin type and needs.
The Main Skin types
#1 Normal Skin Type
- Skin is comfortable and hydrated
- Does not shine
- Does not feel tight
- Skin's texture is fine, soft & smooth
#2 Oily Skin Type
- You may have dull or shiny, thick complexion
- Skin's texture may appear irregular
- Enlarged pores
- Blackheads, pimples or blemishes
#3 Dry Skin Type
- Skin feels tight, delicate, dull and rough to the touch
- Skin may be peeling off
- More visible lines
- Skin may be more sensitive to temperature change
- Almost invisible pores
#4 Combination Skin Type
- Skin can be dry or normal in some areas and oily in others, such as T-zone (nose, forehead, and chin)
- Skin can be oily, with large pores and blackheads
#5 Sensitive Skin Type
- Skin can easily become prone to redness, dryness, itching or burning
#1 EASY TIP TO FIND YOUR SKIN TYPE
- Is your skin shiny?
YES OR NO
- Is your skin tight?
YES OR NO
If you answered...
- NO to question 1 and 2 then you have NORMAL SKIN
- YES to question 1 and NO to question 2 then you have OILY SKIN
- NO to question 1 and YES to question 2 DRY SKIN
- YES to question 1 and 2 then you have COMBINATION SKIN
REACTIVE: Skin is delicate and usually reacts excessively to external aggressions such as
wind, cold, heat, sun, pollution, stress, cosmetics, ...
- MATURE: Skin is losing its suppleness and firmness. Fine lines and wrinkles start to appear
- DEHYDRATED: Skin lacks water
Common skin concerns